Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Where Has June Got To
This is the new garden enclosure. A gift from the boy child for Mothers' and Fathers' Day. One might think it was errected to keep out wildlife. Nope. The cat. Our cat likes to dig big holes. No duty just big holes. And where better than in just dug soil.
I purchased all of my seeds from "Seeds of Choice" this year. Everything is growing as I write this but it has been a slow start. The "Cherry Belle" raddishes and the "Snow Peas" are the only offerings, so far.





Above are "Pink Blossonms" socks. A pattern I found on Ravelry. Not sure if the dirrections are still secret or not so I will just leave it at that. I used Jaeger, Sienna, a 100% cotton fingering yarn, in the Lobelia color. Needle size 0 with 72 stitches. Very nice sock to wear with my teva's.
Here is the next batch of aprons. They are all 100% cotton and so very fun to make.






The summer has not been all fun and games. I have had 3 "Synvisc" shots in my right knee. This is supposed to relieve the pain caused by arthritis. I also just last week had knee surgery in the left knee. I have pretty much been in a vicodin haze since surgery but improving daily.
Before surgery I got to spend 4 days down on the Jersey Shore with my husband, his family, and our children.

I am presently working on a pair of "The Solstice Slip" socks for SoS08. I should be done tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home