Thursday, May 01, 2008

Happy May Day
I saw this on ravelry and had to make one for my Mother's upcoming 87th birthday. I usually make dishcloths for her but this is wonderful. I will also make dishclothes.
Pattern: Waffle Knit Dishtowel, ravelry link
Yarn: Peaches & Creme, color 165, Daisy Ombre
Needle: Size 7
This was a fun knit. I used a little more than half of a 1 pound cone and there are no knots in the towel, just had to weave in the begining and end strings. Definately will be making more of these.


"Can Do" Ashes
Pattern: Ashes by Monika of Smoking Hot Needles
Needle: Size 1
I knit this to the pattern specs but it is too small. I actually knit the second sock twice. I first knit it while waiting at my Mother's surgery. Lots of worry went into that sock so I pulled it apart and reknit when home. BTW: Surgery was good. Tumor removed, cancerous but all lymph node around were clean.


Yarn: Trekking Hand Art purchased at The Loopy Ewe
Needle: Size 0
I love this pattern. It is a toe up pattern but I am knitting cuff down. I forgot to reverse the cables. I still like this sock. The yarn needed some kind of pattern. I know the cables get lost in the yarn but............. How about that Japanese Red Maple?


5 Comments:

Blogger hakucho said...

Wow...you certainly are a busy person :)

Love your waffle dishtowel...the ombre yarn resulted in a very nice pattern (pooling). Your mother will love it :)

Your socks are quite lovely as well.
Glad your mother had good results and will have a speedy recovery!

happy knitting :)

5/1/08, 6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful blue socks!
Happy to hear there was good news for your mom.

5/1/08, 6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! Gorgeous cabley blue socks. Love those. Your towel yarn patterned in a very cool manner indeed! So cool when that happens. Glad your mom's news was good. :)

5/1/08, 8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great knits. I'm glad all went well with your mother!

5/6/08, 4:11 PM  
Blogger yarnophiliac said...

So glad to hear your mother's surgery went well and that the nodes are clear. I went through similar with my mom nearly four years ago,and she is back to her old self today! I pray the same for your mom. (ps-- hope the socks and yarn brought you comfort while you were waiting through your ordeal.)

5/12/08, 7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home